What is the visual popup?
With the visual popup you can use an attractive visual in your popup that blends in with your brand at welcome or exit-intent. This is recommended to be used to welcome your visitors.
How to set it up?
To start setting it up, just go to opt-in tools in the left sidebar and select Visual Popup from the list of opt-in tools you see to open the editor.
Customizing The Design
The first part is, setting up the design. You will be able to see the preview of the Visual Popup. Here you can customise the different states of the Visual popup - opened and completed for both mobile and web.
- Editing The Text - To edit the text in the popup, you just need to click on the edit button (shaped like a pencil) in the preview on each text portion you want to edit and then in the editor on the left of the preview, just type in your desired text in the textboxes. The changes will reflect in the preview. You can also customise the font colour and the font type.
- Choosing Layout - For the visual popup we offer 3 different layouts which you can select from options given in the editor.
- Adding A Discount Code - You can add a discount code to the popup in the editor by selecting the associated discount code (created in Shopify) from the dropdown. Now when the user wins an offer, you can choose whether to show it's discount code to the user on the popup itself or do you want to send it to them in messenger only (so they engage with your bot in messenger to get the discount code).
- Send To Messenger Button/Checkbox Settings - You can edit the text, colour of the button from the editor.
- Adding An Image - To add an image, click on the edit button on the image in the preview and then in the editor on the left, select if you want to upload an image directly or using a URL.
Customizing The Behaviour
The behaviour settings let you determine when is the Visual Popup going to appear, who will see it, where will it come up.
1. When to show:-
- Welcome - As soon as user lands on your website, to welcome them to your brand. Recommended for Visual Popup.
- Exit Intent - Whenever a user is abandoning the website (clicking on cross button), a popup captures their attention.
- Scroll Intent - Based on how much a user has scrolled a page, show them a popup at the right time.
- Time on page - Based on the time spent by a user on the website/page.
2. Where to show:-
- Which device - To display the popup on both desktop and mobile or only mobile/desktop.
- Placement on page - The visual popup appears by default as a modal in the center of the screen when triggered.
3. Who to show:-
- Already Opted In - Whether to display popups to users who have already opted in or not.
Customising the follow up message
The follow up message is the final step and here you just need to modify the message according to your brand. For more information on setting up welcome campaigns, have a look at this article.