What is the persistent discount widget?
The persistent discount widget is a non-intrusive discount widget to place anywhere on the screen, in the corner or the sidebar which opens up when clicked and the visitor can get a discount code to opt-in to your messenger list.
How to set it up?
To start setting it up, just go to opt-in tools in the left sidebar and select Persistent Discount Widget from the list of opt-in tools you see to open the editor.
Customizing The Design
The first part is, setting up the design. You will be able to see the preview of the Persistent Discount Widget. Here you can customise the different states of the Visual popup - minimised, opened and completed for both mobile and web.
- Editing The Text - To edit the text in the popup, you just need to click on the edit button (shaped like a pencil) in the preview on each text portion you want to edit and then in the editor on the left of the preview, just type in your desired text in the textboxes. The changes will reflect in the preview. You can also customise the font colour and the font type.
- Choosing Layout - For the opened state of the persistent discount widget, we offer 3 different layouts which you can select from options given in the editor.
- Adding A Discount Code - To add a discount code to the popup in the editor by selecting the associated discount code (created in Shopify) from the dropdown. Now when the user wins an offer, you can choose whether to show it's discount code to the user on the popup itself or do you want to send it to them in messenger only (so they engage with your bot in messenger to get the discount code).
- Send To Messenger Button Settings - You can edit the text, colour of the button from the editor.
- Adding An Image - To add an image, click on the edit button on the image in the preview and then in the editor on the left, select if you want to upload an image directly or using a URL.
Customizing The Behaviour
The behaviour settings let you determine when is the Persistent Discount Widget going to appear, who will see it, where will it come up.
1. When to show:-
- The persistent discount widget is shown at all times on all pages and opens up when it is clicked.
2. Where to show:-
- Which device - To display the popup on both desktop and mobile or only mobile/desktop.
- Placement on page - Where on the page would the widget appear, in the corner or in the sidebar, can be selected using this.
3. Who to show:-
- Already Opted In - Whether to display popups to users who have already opted in or not.
Customising the follow up message
The follow up message is the final step and here you just need to modify the message according to your brand. For more information on setting up welcome campaigns, have a look at this article.