What is the Facebook Live Chat Widget?
The Facebook live chat widget is placed in the corner for live chat with on-site visitors and re-engagement on messenger after they leave.
How to set it up?
To start setting it up, just go to opt-in tools in the left sidebar and select Facebook Live Chat Widget from the list of opt-in tools you see to open the editor.
Customizing The Design
The first part is, setting up the design. You will be able to see the preview of the Facebook Live Chat Widget. Here you can customize the widget design for both mobile and web.
- Editing The Greeting Text - The greeting text can be edited by typing in the associated field in the editor. You can have separate greeting text for logged in and logged out users.
- Changing The Widget Color - You can also choose to change the color of the Messenger chat icon.
Customizing The Behaviour
The behaviour settings let you determine when is the Facebook Live Chat Widget going to appear, who will see it, where will it come up.
1. When to show:-
- The Facebook Live Chat Widget is shown by default in the bottom-left corner and it cannot be changed.
- You can customize when the greeting text (The how can we help you message), comes up. You can also choose to not show the greeting text unless the messenger chat icon is clicked if you feel it might be intrusive.
2. Where to show:-
- Which device - To display the checkbox on both desktop and mobile or only mobile/desktop.
3. Who to show:-
- Already Opted In - Whether to display popups to users who have already opted in or not.
Customizing the follow up message
The follow up message is the final step and here you just need to modify the message according to your brand. For more information on setting up welcome campaigns, have a look at this article.